It’s finally here! September 25th begins the annual Denver Startup week. The events throughout the week are focused on “innovation for founders, developers, product managers, designers, marketers, sales teams, and makers;” if you are part of a small business, this is the week for you!
Upon registration, you can choose a “track” to follow that are oriented towards critical functional roles within a startup team. Attend sessions to learn from top experts (only the top fraction from over 500 talented entries get to present) to gain valuable insight to accelerate your career and your companies’ success. The “tracks” to choose from are as follows per the website:
- DESIGNER: Seeing things others do not see is an art and our design track is packed with creative outlets to expand your thinking and ability to design. From fashion to architecture to breakout digital design and artwork – the design track is focused on the critical elements of design. Learn new skills, hear from those responsible for some of the best projects in Colorado, and let your creative juices flow. Enjoy connecting with fellow design leaders and leave the week with fresh inspiration!
- DEVELOPER: Frontend, backend, full stack, big data, APIs, architecture, methodologies, junior, senior, we have it all. Learn new technologies, refine your skills, or just check out something completely different. Walk away a better engineer than you were before!
- FOUNDER: Whether you’re just dreaming about starting a business, on your first, or a seasoned entrepreneur, the founder track will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to found a company. Initial product development, go-to-market strategies, finding funding, and building a team are just some of the topics that are covered. Start down the path of creating your startup!
- GROWTH: No matter how good it is, no product sells itself. A team that markets, sells, and supports the product well is a huge advantage for any startup. Every aspect of digital marketing, inbound and outbound sales, and customer experience is going to be covered at Denver Startup Week. Growing a startup depends on these skills, don’t miss your chance to improve them!
- HEADLINE EVENTS: Drawing together members of the community across the boundaries of industry, job function, and background, our Headline Events provide entertaining and interesting content, unique perspectives, and a forum for our community to connect and share ideas.
- MAKER: Encompasses all physical products for every type of maker under the sun – from outdoor rec, distilling (or brewing!), and crafting, to connected devices, open-source hardware, 3D printing, and IOT (just to name a few) – join us to hear stories behind breakout brands, learn about new technologies in manufacturing, and connect other artisans, engineers, manufacturers and enterprises!
- PRODUCT: Product management, development, and marketing, all different sides of the same coin that somehow bridges the gap between building the product and delivering it to the market. Product skills are in huge demand but there aren’t very many places where you can go to acquire them. Come improve your product game at Denver Startup Week!
In addition to the “track” sessions, Denver Startup Week is also offering unique program “topic and industry clusters” that are detailed to specific industries developing in the Denver Metro Area. This year, they include the following:
- SOCIAL IMPACT CLUSTER
Many companies are beginning to understand that the impact they have on the world around them isn’t just measured in dollars and cents, but also the lasting effects they have on the people and communities around them. Learn about how these companies are both thinking and acting differently, and how you can start to build social good into your company as well.
- IOT CLUSTER
From smart devices to integrated homes to intelligent vehicles, the Internet of Things is rapidly transforming the way that we interact with the world around us. Check out the latest technologies and trends in the IoT realm, and take a look behind the scenes at what it takes to concept, design and build a connected product.
- HEALTHTECH CLUSTER
As healthcare costs continue to rise, individuals and companies find themselves in an increasingly unstable economic situation. Enter digital health technologies, exploding on the scene with engaging, low-cost, and convenient tools that will have a lasting impact on large populations both here in Colorado and throughout the country. Explore the significant transformations coming to, and already being implemented in, the healthcare industry from both technologists and healthcare professionals. Plus, see the technological innovations that could be making a real difference in your own health care in the near future.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION CLUSTER
Building an inclusive organization and culture is a critical part of any early-stage company, particularly in a world of increasingly global and diverse customer bases. Explore the what, how and why of building a diverse team, and hear firsthand the experiences of those on the front lines enabling diversity in the startup realm.
- CANNABIS CLUSTER
Colorado is at the forefront not only of entrepreneurship and technology, but also in the emerging cannabis industry. Beyond just the leaf, explore the intersection of technology and cannabis, how these two seemingly different fields interoperate, and the challenges of building a company at the intersection of emerging markets and regulatory frameworks.
- BUSINESS BASICS CLUSTER
Having the fundamental skills required to run a successful company are key to getting your startup off the ground. From accounting and finance to operations to marketing to accessing capital, come learn the ins and outs of running your company from the people in the community who have done it most sucessfully.
If any of the above “tracks” or “clusters” sounds like something you and your small business could benefit from, register here to participate. Also check out an itemized day to day schedule that incorporates the above (if you’d rather pick and choose events) here.
At Denver Startup Week, every day brings new speakers, networking opportunities, and events. Best of all, it’s FREE! We hope to see you there!